Welcome to the home page of Scott A. Hodes, Attorney at Law. Mr. Hodes, a former Freedom of Information (FOIA) and Privacy Act attorney for the Department of Justice and the FBI, practices government disclosure law. His clients include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, law firms, non-profits and private individuals. Practice areas include:
• Litigating FOIA and Privacy Act matters, including reverse FOIA matters to preclude agencies from releasing business submitted information.
• Making FOIA and Privacy Act requests at the administrative level. Mr. Hodes makes many of these FOIA requests for companies and individuals without attribution to his clients.
• Accessing records from the National Archives (NARA) and other government agencies.
• Appealing administrative denials of FOIA and Privacy Act requests.
• Negotiating with agency staff on behalf of clients to expedite and have client’s requests completed accurately and timely.
• Consulting with companies on their FOIA needs.
• Issues concerning top-secret classification matters.
• Pre-publication review consulting for former and current FBI employees.
Contact Scott today for your free FOIA consultation!